Which type of IT support is better, managed IT services or break/fix? Like most business decisions, it depends on your business strategy, goals and budget.
But consider this: if IT is crucial to your business operations, managed IT services delivers the most timely, secure and comprehensive support. If IT is in the background of your business, just “fixing it when it breaks” may work fine.
When Managed IT Services is the Right Choice
Reliable IT is Essential to Your Success – When reliable IT support is strategic to your business success, managed IT services is the better choice. You’ll receive the depth of knowledge and expertise to keep your network current, running and secure now and in the future.
Your Business Must Meet Compliance Rules – If your business must adhere to IT compliance rules, then ongoing, proactive IT support keeps your networks updated and secure. Your managed IT service provider can also provide the documentation you’ll need to meet reporting requirements, saving you time.
Your Business is Expanding – In a growing business, your IT needs will change rapidly. With managed IT services, you can plan and budget (without additional cost) for each stage of your growth.
Your Business Stores Personally Identifiable Information (PII) – If your company stores PII, for clients, payroll, or other reasons, managed IT services helps protect your network from potential breaches.
How Managed IT Services Will Increase Profitability
- Security becomes a top priority. Patches, anti-virus and anti-malware are updated constantly, not just when someone gets around to it. This helps protect you, your employees, and your customers from downtime and risk.
- You’re a client, so technicians know and understand your technology. You don’t have to repeat yourself every time you call and techs aren’t “flying blind”.
- With remote support, techs can resolve issues quickly so you get back to work faster. Without it, you’re waiting for a tech to arrive onsite.
- Everyone in your office can call the help desk, so you save time not being the IT gatekeeper for everything going on in the office.
- You’ll be kept up-to-date on the latest technologies to benefit your business AND get advice about the ones you should pass up to avoid potentially costly mistakes.
- Techs work on issues until they’re resolved, even if new ones pop up along the way. You don’t get another bill if “new” issues crop up while the original problem is being fixed.
- You’ll know the monthly fees in advance so there are no billing surprises.
Plus, your managed IT services provider sees IT from a business perspective. They’ll provide options to create strategies and budgets to ensure that every dollar spent today is in support of a long-range technology goal for your company.
If you’re considering managed IT services for your Cleveland business, contact CRU Solutions.